If you are struggling to stop using drugs or alcohol, the prospect of the holidays might not seem so joyful. However, you might find that spending the holidays re-discovering your health and sobriety is the best gift you could give to yourself and your loved ones. It might seem a little unusual, but entering a detox over the holidays is actually a great idea. The best time to seek drug or alcohol addiction treatment is the moment you are ready, and for many, the holidays are a perfect time to seek help.
What Is Medically-Supervised Detox?
A medically-supervised detox is a residential drug and alcohol treatment program designed to help people navigate withdrawal. During the program, clients will be monitored by medical and counseling staff to make sure that they are healthy, safe, and as comfortable as possible. Clients are also evaluated and treated for any underlying mental health conditions they may have. The environment is supportive and centered on helping clients achieve recovery.
Medically-supervised detox is often the first stage of a more extensive drug or alcohol treatment program. Detox, however, is designed to help the body clear itself of harmful and addictive substances while beginning the process of healing from addiction.
Why Is Holiday Detox a Great Idea?
Even though it might seem strange to choose the holidays to seek treatment at a drug or alcohol detox, there are many reasons that it could be a great choice. Here are some reasons that you might not have considered yet:
- If you have accrued time off of work, the holidays are a perfect time to use it before the new year starts.
- Holiday parties and celebrations can be difficult to navigate for someone who is trying to quit drinking or using drugs. What if, instead, you were in an environment with people who were totally supportive of your recovery?
- Even though we like to think of the holidays as a happy time, they can also be somewhat stressful. Stress is a major trigger for drinking or using drugs.
- Imagine going into the new year without the pressures and difficulties of addiction. Many people make special resolutions as the year draws to a close – yours could be to focus on your recovery this year.
- Give yourself the gift of peace of mind. Addiction is an illness and you don’t have to suffer any longer. Choose treatment and discover a better life waiting for you.
Where Can I Find a Drug or Alcohol Detox in New Hampshire?
Liberty Health Services in the historic town of Derry, New Hampshire, offers medically supervised detox for both drugs and alcohol. In our small, family-oriented facility, we offer individualized care for clients struggling with addiction. Our facility is luxurious and comfortable, offering clients the ability to focus fully on their recovery while our caring staff makes sure all their needs are met. We help the client engage with their own recovery and do our best to care for and counsel their loved ones.
Addiction Recovery Is Within Your Reach
We know that a strong support network is vital to the healing process. At Liberty Health Services, we value the privacy of our clients and their families and pride ourselves on our discretion. Our clients come to us to be healed from the illness of addiction, and we consider ourselves to be their staunchest allies as they put in the hard work of recovery.
If you or a loved one is battling addiction, we are here during the holidays and at all other times of the year. Reach out and contact us today at 855.959.4521. Our kind and caring staff are available to answer your questions and help you start living the life you were meant to live.