There are many drug detox expectations that people have about enrolling in a treatment program. Some will wrongly assume they can spend a few weeks in recovery and be cured of their addiction permanently. Addiction is a lifelong illness that is treatable through a combination of behavioral therapy and medical treatment. A comprehensive New Hampshire drug detox program will focus on the physical and mental aspects of addiction for a better recovery experience that promotes lifelong sobriety.
At Liberty Health, we work with men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with an addiction to cocaine, alcohol, meth, or other harmful substances. We offer drug and alcohol detox along with our new residential treatment program in a private 24-bed facility in a peaceful wooded setting. Therapists work closely with each client to build trust and open communication where they feel comfortable talking about sensitive subjects. For more information about our New Hampshire drug detox program, reach out to our friendly team today by calling 855.959.4521.
Enrolling in Drug Detox in New Hampshire
A medical drug detox program uses approved medications to reduce the painful and sometimes deadly symptoms of drug detox. These medications impact the same cell receptors that make drugs and alcohol so intoxicating. Instead of releasing a massive amount of dopamine, it blocks the receptors from sending any messages and prevents the euphoric effects. It can take your body up to 14 days or longer to fully recoup from the effects of drug abuse. During that time, clients will experience a wide range of withdrawal symptoms that include:
- Increasing drug cravings
- Muscle pain throughout the body
- Night sweats
- Increasing mood swings
- Severe constipation
- Nausea and vomiting
Those who try to detox without medical support will experience steadily worsening symptoms that peak around 48 to 72 hours. At Liberty Health Services, our drug detox in New Hampshire happens in a private luxury facility. We will go over any questions you have, including what to expect in drug detox, personal items you can bring with you, and the types of programs you will participate in.
Drug Detox Expectations
A drug detox program eases the withdrawal process and increases a person’s chance of reaching their sober goals. During drug detox, clients will have 24/7 medical and behavioral support from an experienced staff who knows how to treat all types of addiction.
Here is just some of what to expect in drug detox:
- Assessment – When you first arrive at a treatment facility, therapists will run a full assessment of your physical and mental health to create an effective treatment program. From the information they gather, they build a comprehensive program with specific types of therapies and medications to treat the unique symptoms and causes of the addiction.
- Behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the most widely accepted forms of therapy to treat addiction, depression, PTSD, and other types of mental health disorders. Therapists work privately with each client to uncover the root cause of the addiction and teach them how to change their negative thoughts and behaviors. They develop healthy coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers while gaining valuable insight into how others cope with their addiction.
- Medication-assisted treatment – To minimize withdrawal symptoms and cravings that are common with drug detox, clients will receive medication to reduce these symptoms along with other symptoms that interfere with the recovery process. Medical staff will administer the medications and monitor them for any adverse reactions. As they progress and their symptoms diminish, so will the need for medication. By the end of the program, most clients will be 100% drug-free.
- Family therapy – One important part of the recovery experience is rebuilding relationships. Family therapy gives spouses, parents, and children a safe space to vent any frustrations or anger so they can begin healing. They learn all about the dangers of addiction and how to create a supportive home environment that will promote lifelong sobriety.
Every person will have different drug detox expectations and recovery goals. While there is no cure for addiction, there are several types of therapies that give clients the confidence and coping skills to stay sober no matter how stressful life gets.
Join Liberty Health’s New Hampshire Drug Detox Program
At Liberty Health, our drug detox program is a fully accredited program that uses proven techniques for treating all types of drug and alcohol addiction. We provide our clients with a number of beneficial treatment options to meet their recovery needs that include:
- Medical drug detox
- Residential treatment program
- Individual and group therapies
- Family therapy
If you or a loved one is struggling with drug addiction and ready for a positive change, call 855.959.4521 today or fill out our online form to schedule a tour of our discreet addiction treatment facility.