Medical alcohol detox will provide clients access to prescribed medications that may make alcohol withdrawal easier to get through. Natural alcohol detox will make it a point not to use prescribed medications and instead offer clients holistic alternatives. Both types of detox may easily be found in New Hampshire. After all, statistics show that residents of the state struggle with alcohol addiction.
This is why many alcohol detox centers call New Hampshire their home. They serve not only the local population but out-of-state clients as well. If you or a loved one may require alcohol detox to begin the road to recovery, contact Liberty Health Services by calling 855.689.5685 or reaching out to our team online. Our team provides NH addiction treatment that may be the key to genuine, long-lasting recovery.
What Is a Natural Alcohol Detox Program?
Natural alcohol detox programs in New Hampshire are also called holistic alcohol detox programs. Holistic refers to methods that do not use medications. Natural supplements that help clients regain physical balance may be still be used in programs like this in a NH detox center. However, other medications and supplements are avoided.
Instead of using medications to wean the person off alcohol in a NH alcohol detox center, a holistic program may use alcohol itself. This means that a client will not stop drinking alcohol suddenly but instead will slowly taper down their level of alcohol consumption. But if a client isn’t significantly dependent on alcohol, tapering down may not even be necessary.
Most of the time, more than one holistic treatment method is used to provide a comprehensive and intensive detox program that focuses on the entirety of a client’s personhood. Holistic detox methods may include:
- Acupuncture – This form of care is designed to enhance blood flow and promote the healthy flow of energy throughout the client’s body.
- Behavioral therapies – Most addiction treatment programs use behavioral therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Chiropractic care – During holistic alcohol detox, chiropractic care can help clients become more comfortable and therefore more mentally open to healing.
- Expressive therapies – Expressive therapies can enhance self-reflection for emotional and spiritual healing and growth.
- Massage therapy – Massage therapy can help to reduce some of the physical tension associated with alcohol withdrawal.
- Nutritional and fitness programs – Nutrition plans that reestablish healthy physical balance and restore some of the body’s essential vitamins and minerals can be beneficial.
- Yoga and meditation – Mindfulness meditation can be beneficial, as it relieves anxiety and lowers stress levels.
What Are the Alternatives to Natural Alcohol Detox in New Hampshire?
In New Hampshire and other places offering alcohol detox programs, MAT is recommended in the following cases when the client:
- Displayed acute alcohol dependence
- Has co-occurring mental health or medical disorders
- Has undergone detox before and suffered a relapse
- Has a history of Delirium tremens (DTs)
- Also abuses other drugs simultaneously with alcohol
A medical detox program provides 24-hour medical supervision and monitoring to maintain a client’s physical stability. Medications are often a component of a medical detox program in NH addiction treatment.
Mood stabilizers can help with depression and anxiety, while some people may need anti-seizure medications for seizures and tremors. Gastrointestinal and anti-nausea medications, nonsteroidal pain relievers, and sleep aids may be helpful for specific alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Medications may also be used to control alcohol cravings.
Learn More About Natural Alcohol Detox at Liberty Health Services
For outstanding NH addiction treatment, contact Liberty Health Services. Our team is dedicated to providing natural alcohol detox in NH so that people can embrace recovery. Learn more about how we can help you or a loved one by calling our team at 855.689.5685 or completing our online form.