Smoking crack creates a near-instantaneous high that can be very addicting, especially for those with depression or other mental health disorders. Why is crack dangerous? Abusing crack cocaine can lead to psychological impairment and several life-threatening medical conditions. Those who enroll in a New Hampshire cocaine addiction treatment center have the greatest chance of stopping the abuse before causing serious physical or mental harm.
At Liberty Health Services, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with an addiction to cocaine, alcohol, opioids, or other substances. Our mission is to see you healthy and happy, and free of drugs and alcohol. Each client receives individualized treatment based on their symptoms and the severity of the addiction. To ensure your recovery success, we provide detox, residential, and outpatient treatment for all stages of recovery. Call 855.959.4521 today for more information about our New Hampshire cocaine addiction treatment center and how it can help break your addiction.
Why Is Crack Dangerous?
Why is crack cocaine dangerous? Crack is produced from cocaine by mixing it with other chemicals until crystallized. It is broken into small rocks and then heated so users can inhale the smoke. It produces an intense high in under a minute that can last from 30-60 minutes. Smoking crack causes an increase in body temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate. With long term abuse, it can lead to organ failure, brain damage, and heart failure.
If you suspect a friend or loved one is abusing crack cocaine, look for these signs of abuse:
- Changes in appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Intense cravings
Some of the signs of long-term abuse include:
- Liver damage
- Severe tooth decay
- Sexual dysfunction for men and women
At Liberty Health Services, we go over the dangers of crack cocaine with individuals who are abusing crack and want help with their recovery. We combine behavioral therapy with medical support for a well-rounded recovery experience.
The Benefits of Enrolling in Crack Cocaine Treatment in New Hampshire
Enrolling in a drug addiction treatment program is the smart choice to make to get through the detox stage of recovery safely. This is when some of the dangers of crack cocaine are at their highest due to physical withdrawals that can be very painful and dangerous if not treated with medication.
Here are some of the benefits of enrolling in crack cocaine treatment in New Hampshire:
- Individualized treatment programs – During admissions, therapists will run a full assessment to determine the best treatment program based on your individual symptoms and causes. Programs will include various types of behavioral therapy and medication to minimize symptoms that get in the way of recovery.
- Medication to reduce withdrawals – During a treatment program, medical staff will use medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings caused by the addiction. They will administer specific dosages for each client and monitor them for any adverse reactions. By the end of the program, most clients will be 100% drug-free.
- Group and individual therapy – Therapists will work with clients in group and private therapy sessions to build and practice coping skills, learn to process their emotions without any negative behavior, and learn that it is OK to ask for help. One benefit of group therapy is it gives you a chance to see how others are coping with their addiction and that you are not alone in your struggles.
- Family therapy – Involving your family in the recovery process improves your chances of long-lasting recovery. Parents, spouses, and children can talk with a therapist about their feelings and get rid of any misconceptions they have about addiction and the recovery process. They also learn how they can help prevent relapse by creating a stable and sober home environment.
Why is crack cocaine dangerous? There is no regulation on how illegal drug manufacturers make crack cocaine. They often add in additional drugs and other chemicals to heighten their effects and potentially make one dose lethal. This is why enrolling in drug treatment is imperative to prevent major health complications.
Get Effective Crack Cocaine Treatment in New Hampshire at Liberty Health Services
Why is crack dangerous? At Liberty Health Services, we go over the dangers of addiction with each client, so they are aware of the harm they are causing to themselves and their loved ones. Our programs are structured to help you process your emotions without causing any negative thoughts or behaviors and reduce your need for more drugs. We offer a full range of treatment programs that can aid in your recovery and give you a new outlook on life.