Addiction recovery can be a long process, and having visits from your loved ones can give you motivation and encouragement to keep working toward your recovery goals. Residential treatment family visits have several guidelines that will vary depending on the treatment center. Most will allow visits from friends and family as long as doing so does not cause a setback in their recovery. For those who are struggling with addiction, enrolling in a Derry, New Hampshire, residential treatment center is the smart choice to make to recover safely with fewer risks of relapse.
At Liberty Health Services, we help men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, cocaine, heroin, or other dangerous narcotics. Our behavioral therapists and medical staff work together to create an effective treatment program that consists of behavioral therapy with medical assistance to minimize withdrawals and cravings. To discover all of the benefits of our Derry, New Hampshire residential treatment program, Call 855.959.4521 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Residential Treatment Family Visits
An inpatient treatment program gives men and women a safe space to live while working on their recovery in a full-service addiction treatment facility. Typically, residential treatment programs can last from 30 to 90 days and up to 120 days for more serious addiction cases. During therapy, clients will work with a behavioral therapist to talk about their addiction and the reasons behind it while receiving medication to minimize withdrawals and cravings.
Having family and friends visit during recovery can be very beneficial to the recovery process. Those who struggle with addiction develop self-destructive habits and negative thoughts that encourage their continued abuse and isolate them from their loved ones. They convince themselves that no one understands what they are going through and that the only answer is with more drugs or alcohol. Visiting during recovery shows them that they are not alone and that they have people in their lives who love them and will do everything they can to support their recovery.
At Liberty Health Services, our New Hampshire residential treatment program is for individuals with a serious addiction who need full-time assistance to break their addiction. We allow family visits in residential treatment to boost their morale and encourage their continued therapy.
Common Guidelines for Family Visits in Residential Treatment
If a family member or a close friend is in recovery, you can visit them once the detox process is complete. Here are some common guidelines for residential treatment family visits:
- The detox stage – During detox, clients will not be allowed visitors as this is a very difficult time in the recovery process. Withdrawal symptoms will be at their worst, and they need to concentrate fully on their recovery. Once detox is complete, approved friends and family can visit.
- Do’s & Don’t – When visiting, be encouraging and supportive. Don’t talk about troubles at home, financial issues, plans for the future, or make light of their addiction. Do talk about how proud you are of their accomplishments and encourage all family members to visit. The more friendly faces they see, the more motivation they have to complete their recovery.
- Visitor rules – Treatment facilities will have strict rules that you must follow in order to visit someone in therapy. Talk with your loved ones’ therapist about who can visit and what items you can bring. Generally, it is OK to bring photos of loved ones, music, comfortable clothes, or a favorite cozy blanket.
Family visits in residential treatment are an important part of the recovery experience. It can brighten their day and give them the inspiration and encouragement they need to make it through their recovery and thrive.
Find Relief in Derry, New Hampshire at Liberty Health Services’ Residential Treatment Program
Liberty Health Services is a fully accredited New Hampshire residential treatment facility with a full complement of treatment programs to help clients through their addiction recovery. Our inpatient treatment programs are designed around each client’s individual needs and have a proven track record of treating all types of addiction. Our facility offers support for all types of addiction, including:
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Benzo addiction treatment
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Opioid/Opiate addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Prescription medication addiction treatment
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and ready to make a positive change, call 855.959.4521 today to speak with one of our friendly team members. You can also reach us by filling out our online contact form.