People across the country and here in New Hampshire struggle with opioid use every day. The country is amid an opioid crisis, as opioids become stronger and more lethal. For many, opioid addiction develops from prescription opioid use for chronic pain, post-surgical recovery, or injury. Unfortunately, opioids are increasingly easy to get and highly addictive. Opioid addiction treatment is the safest, most effective way to stop using opioids long-term.
If you or someone you love is struggling with opioids, don’t quit cold turkey. Liberty Health Services can help. Our opioid addiction treatment in New Hampshire provides comprehensive medication-assisted residential detox. Our individually tailored detox programs help clients and their families prepare for the rest of their recovery. Get started with detox at Liberty Health Services today by reaching our friendly staff at 855.689.5685 to learn more.
What Are Opioids?
Opioids are synthetic drugs made from the opium poppy. Used for centuries for its powerful painkiller and euphoric effects, the opium poppy is significantly weaker than modern opioids. Made in labs, opioids slow down the brain and body, block pain receptors, and can cause euphoric effects. Over time, opioids change the brain, making them especially difficult to stop talking without medically-assisted detox and psychiatric care. For some, opioid use is self-medicating for mental and emotional pain, not just physical pain. Individual, group, and family therapy is essential to opioid recovery.
5 Benefits of Opioid Addiction Treatment
Because opioids change the brain, they cause a more intense withdrawal than other drugs. Commonly called “dope sickness,” opioid withdrawal is physically, emotionally, and mentally painful. Managing withdrawal is only one benefit of opioid addiction treatment. Other benefits include:
- Discovering the Root Cause of Opioid Addiction: Today, at least half of people struggling with opioids and other substances also have co-occurring disorders like depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. A dual diagnosis can help uncover these mood disorders, unprocessed trauma, and other life factors that increase addiction triggers and cravings.
- Preventing Relapse and Opioid Death: Studies show that those who stick with an opioid addiction treatment program are less likely to relapse and potentially overdose.
- Medication-Assisted Detox: Medication-assisted detox with Vivitrol, Suboxone, or Methadone will reduce the symptoms of opioid withdrawal. It can also help mitigate opioid-related health complications. Medically assisted detox can increase program retention rates and reduce the risk of relapse.
- Tools for Lasting Change: One of the greatest benefits of an opioid abuse program is the range of therapeutic tools for daily life and stress management clients receive. Depending on the program, clients may also receive job skills training, anger management training, mindfulness training, and other services to provide them with a healthy structure, coping mechanisms, and confidence throughout recovery.
- Ongoing Support: Addiction can be lonely. Treatment offers clients community and professional support. Through alumni programs and sponsorships, clients continue to build connections and help one another through each stage of opioid recovery.
These are only a few benefits of opioid substance abuse treatment. The most important thing to remember is that detox and mental health services can reduce the risk of opioid-related death and help clients understand their thoughts, belief systems, and behaviors.
Medication-Assisted Opioid Addiction Treatment in New Hampshire
If you and your loved ones are looking for medication-assisted detox for opioids, Liberty Health Services is here for you. Liberty Health Services provides our clients with a boutique detox experience based in serene New Hampshire. Housing only 24 clients at a time, our intimate clinic provides the professional, compassionate support you need. Founded by a team with years of experience working in sober-living homes, Liberty Health Services will support you and your family throughout detox, giving you a foundation for the rest of your recovery. We then pair our clients with the right program for their next phase of recovery.
Our family-centered clinic provides luxury detox for opioids and other substances. As a family-focused treatment center, we provide daily counseling, including individual, group, and family therapy.
Begin Your Detox Journey Today at Liberty Health Services
Don’t let opioids rule your life. Let the team at Liberty Health Services help you thrive. Call us now at 855.689.5685 to begin your journey to recovery.